Shankar has been working more than 16 years in the field of digital mapping. Started as a core member of a technical team establishing Utility Mapping technology in developing countries has moved forward as task manager and subsequently as project manager. Thorough understanding of GIS and its applications in Urban and Regional planning has been his strength. He has been in the region for more than 15 years and has been working with various projects for Government departments dealing with planning both physical planning and economic planning. Project manager for establishing digital vector maps from Satellite imageries for the Ministry of National Economy, Sultanate of Oman.
Considerable working experience includes
- Operations management including project management and supervision of staff
- Design and implementation of work procedures using geographic information systems
- Development of field data collection methodologies
- Management of field and office teams for data collection
- Conceptual data modelling with special reference to Utility networks
- Network analysis with special reference to transportation networks